Homeschoolers Living Well
25 Things About Carol
Homeschooling - 25 Things About Carol
- I'm passionate about teaching and learning, so home educating came naturally for me. I'm sorry I waited so long to start.
- Playing music did not come easy for me, but once I caught on, I love playing the upright acoustic bass in our family Bluegrass Gospel Band.
- I try to put the Lord first in everything I do. I stumble and fall short, but my Lord is merciful and His mercies are new each day.
- I love being an online entrepreneur and website administrator. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I never want to go back to the 9 to 5 rat race I was in for 34 years.
- I've read the Bible through cover-to-cover 7 times (as of Dec. 2013), and each time I learn something new. This is something we do daily as a family and will continue to do.
- I love to cook and try new recipes. I'm on a mission to cook healthy meals from scratch.
- I'm learning photography, not one of my strengths, but I will persevere because I want to be able to take pictures for my family and this website.
- My favorite subject to teach is the Bible.
- My favorite subject in school was math. However, Matthew hates math so I've found it very difficult to teach it to him.
- I love to do counted cross stitch. I had more time for this before having kids.
- I'm thankful for the 2 children the Lord has given to me to raise for Him.
- I have 2 younger brothers and no sisters. I don't get to see them often; one lives in Pennsylvania and one lives in West Virginia.
- I learned to target shoot at a young age and like doing it but ammo is expensive.
- I have a concealed weapons permit.
- I learned to fish as a child, but it's not something I like to do now.
- Marriage takes work on the part of both partners. I'm married to my best friend and soul mate and feel so blessed.
- I was a Sunday school teacher for preschoolers for 3 years.
- I graduated from high school at 17 and went to work to help my mom support my 2 younger brothers; my dad passed away when I was 16.
- I love my vegetables more than I love fruit.
- I hate dirt so I never tried my hand at gardening. I like to eat the fresh produce though.
- I drive my family crazy sometimes because I always want to be early no matter where we are going or what we are doing.
- I'm working on having more patience with loved ones.
- I've given up sugar (for the most part) in an effort to lose weight, lower my cholesterol and get off prescription medication.
- I love to read books, magazines, the newspaper and do the crossword puzzle and suduku in our local newspaper every morning.
- I'm an introvert so putting this list online along with my picture on the website has taken me out of my comfort zone. But when you're doing the Lord's work he'll see you through.
Thank you for reading this list. Our website is new to social media (Facebook) and I would appreciate it if you would like us on Facebook. Just click here.
Return to About Us from Homeschooling - 25 Things About Carol
Return to Home Page from Homeschooling - 25 Things About Carol